Confinement lady had left. So, daytime would be just Val and me.
It was pretty tiring. Not that she's difficult to manage. Just that, cos I was still breastfeeding and pumping milk. So, it was like feed her in the morning, den bathe her... den feed again.. den while she's sleeping, I've to quickly wash the clothes. Then, pump milk, wash the bottles, sterilize the bottles. Hang the clothes, take down clothes, fold clothes. And by the time, I wanna have a short nap, Val woke up.
There's quite a lot of housework to do and so I ordered tingkat lunch, cos I really got no time to cook and do the cleanup after that.
And when Sam got home, he's tired from work too. So, most of the time, it was still back to myself taking care of Valerie for the 4 months. Really amazing me.....
Good thing was that Val was able to sleep through the night without having to wake for milk. But I have to wake still... to pump milk out....
- Baby smiles more
- Baby's neck is stronger can support her head well (some babies might take longer time, maybe during 3rd month instead. So, still continue to support their neck if needed)
Things you should do and take note:
- More tummy time
- Put 2 or 3 bright objects or toys within baby's field of vision
- Continue to talk and sing to her
- Attend to their cries (some oldies kept having the thinking that if you kept attending to crying babies and carry them, you gonna spoil them) But, in actual fact, newborns they indeed need attention. They want cuddles, warmth. It's ok to carry them and pacify them. You don't want to see them crying their lungs out right?!
- Take note of their hearing. Call their names from some distance. Or check if they react to loud sounds, but of cos don't scare them suddenly.
- Take note if the baby doesn't smile.
Sharing some items below that might be useful for you guys.
Yu Yee Oil - Helps to warm the baby's body and get rid of wind.
In fact, I still use it for myself whenever I have stomachache.
Correct way to use: 1 to 2 drops onto your palm, rub both palms together. Then place both palms on your baby's tummy. Repeat for maybe 3 to 4 times.
Jing Feng San - Stable liver wind and clearance of lung. Calm nervous nervous system and ease tension especially for infants.
Sometimes babies got easily frightened, could be due to sudden loud noise (e.g. irritating planes flying non stop during daytime), could be due to too many people etc. Having this could help to calm a little. They kept crying non-stop.
Correct way to use:
According to the website:
Dosage: Infant 6 months to 1 year old take half teaspoonful . 1 – 3 years old 1 teaspoonful, 3-6 years old 1-2 teaspoonful. Adults one bottle each time. One day 3 time. The Powder is to be taken with lukewarm water. No known side effect.
However, for myself, I just place a little of it on my last finger and put in her mouth.
Gripe water (Fei Zai Sui) - also helps to get rid of wind.
Some said you could give 1 teaspoon to your baby before the day she goes for her vaccination. Prevent her from getting fever. But hmm, doesn't really work much for Valerie. Haha.
But this also help to get rid of gas, baby less cranky...
Pictures of Valerie and us below.
Was really a tiring month, especially at night. She also spitting a lot of milk after drinking. But, slowly we learnt to handle her.